Friday, March 21, 2008

You Read It Here First (unless you saw it somewhere else previously)

Eddie Izzard is working on a new stand-up show.

And Janeane Garofalo will be filming a new DVD soon.

Details on the new Bob and David HBO show are emerging. It's called 'David's Situation' and:

Odenkirk and Cross co-wrote the project, which will star Cross as himself. He leaves Hollywood to move into a suburban, gated community where he has two roommates, a right-wing conservative and a liberal hippie.

Local bears and liberals beware, The Stephen Colbert Report is coming to Philadelphia and you'll have to sit there and watch it on TV.

Todd Barry edits his own interview with The Onion's AV Club:

AVC: You consider anything fair game for comedy, but what wouldn't you put in your act?


TB: There are certain things that are probably too mean. I don't particularly like fat jokes. Those kind of bother me. But I guess what I was trying to say is, if I said I would never laugh at this, you could probably dig around and find a situation where I did laugh. I try not to be a hypocrite with that one. I find when there's a controversy about someone saying something offensive, I usually take the angle of, "Well, I don't know if that was offensive; it just wasn't funny." I generally don't gasp, "Oh my God!" I think people have been getting raked over the coals lately.

[An incredibly controversial answer. The kind of answer that will get picked up by various wire services and take both of us to the next level. LA-I.]

The Comic's Comic reviews HBO's Sixth Annual Young Comedians Show from 1981 with hosts The Smothers Brothers.

The cast of the This Side of the Truth is ridiculous. Written, directed and starring Gervais, it includes John Hodgman, Tina Fey, Christopher Guest, Jeffrey Tambor, Louis CK, Rob Lowe, Jonah Hill, and Jennifer Garner. According to Gervais:
"My character works in the film industry, where actors are really readers who tell completely factual stories," Gervais said. "My character's a loser who's about to lose his job, and who's lumbering through the 1300s. All he's got to work with is the Black Death. But once he lies and pretends he's found lost stories, he becomes the greatest storyteller in the world."

Plenty of recaps of The State show at the UCB-LA. Go ahead and tour already?

We can't resist linking to all things Gallagher. Here's footage of him heckling an opener and scolding the audience at the recent show in New York City.

Mike Birbiglia's secret public journals are being made into a TV pilot and hopefully a whole show. According to Birbigs:

Maybe it was the 93 comments you wrote after my last entry or Ted Kennedy’s endorsement, but they’ve decided to let me and my friend Andy Secunda make a show about a guy who does comedy, writes a journal, and kills polar bears for sport (not true). CBS has also assured me that if the show is a success, they will also green-light television shows based on all of your blogs and all of your friends’ blogs, even this one.

Richard Zoglin's Comedy at the Edge may be made into a documentary. The sub headline is "Documentary may feature Martin, Pryor." Well, that would be a good idea.

A.D. Miles and Zach Galifianakis star in Speed Freaks for Comedy Central, directed by Michael Blieden.

Kids in the Hall tour preview video.

No comments: