Monday, October 6, 2008

THE TOPOGRAPHIC MAP OF THE COMEDIC LANDSCAPE by Doogie Horner

Every comic has had the unpleasant experience of getting a lukewarm response to a hilarious joke, simply because they were telling it to the wrong crowd. Hey, how are you supposed to know they hate crab jokes in Maryland? Or that in Eastern Oregon, the only kind of fart jokes they like are "runny" fart jokes? Being a road comic for over sixty years, I've learned these lessons the hard way, and used my knowledge to draw a topographic map of the comedic landscape of the United States. Now you don't have to worry about whether or not your "My favorite pizza topping is fresh picked scabs" joke will play in Charlotte, you know it will.

Hilariously yours,
Doogie

(Click to enlarge)

See Doogie tickle your (offbeat) funny bone at our show tonight!

3 comments:

Paul Triggiani said...

This map will be of no use to me during my tour of American Samoa.

Anonymous said...

I find this map completely jocular. Which is odd, because I live in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff, Doogie! Just plugged ya over on the ol' Monkey:

http://chucklemonkey.com/2008/10/mapping-the-comedy-landscape/