Wednesday, November 26, 2008


Doug Benson is a stand-up comedian, fundit for Best Week Ever and the host of the hit podcast I LOVE MOVIES. He's the star of the documentary Super High Me (which we hosted a screening for earlier this year, just sayin') and his first album, Professional Humoredian, was released this year on AST Records.

Most importantly, he'll be performing at the Helium Comedy Club tonight, Friday and Saturday.

What kind of reactions have you been getting for "Super High Me"? Have you gotten any feedback from people that are against marijuana?
The reaction has been all positive. The people who are against marijuana either don't exist or they have never said a word to me.

Do you want to appear in more movies?
Yes, please.

What is your favorite movie of the year so far and why? (Sub question: what did you think of Synecdoche, New York, which I loved.)
Didn't see that one yet, because I don't go to a movie if a can't pronounce the title, and my fav of this year is THE DARK KNIGHT. I'd like to make a movie called THE DANK KNIGHT, where I do my part to fight crime by sitting at home and minding my own business. This year I also enjoyed IN BRUGES, THE VISITOR and ROLE MODELS.

Besides stand-up, what are you doing in the near future?
My second COMEDY CENTRAL PRESENTS... half hour premieres on Jan. 9 at 10:30, and I've got various projects in the works that I can't talk about because they don't really exist.

What can people that go to Helium this week expect from Doug Benson?
The unexpected! Plus I'll be telling some jokes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-Rash LaB